1.5 cups sugar
.5 cup water
1 tablespoon mazaher (orange blossom water)
squeeze of lemon
1 box phillo dough
3 cups chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons mazaher
2 sticks melted unsalted butter honey
1. Cook syrup first so that, if you mess up the syrup, you can make
Combine all syrup ingredients and cook over medium heat and after it
has come to a boil cook for 5 minutes and remove from the heat. Do not
let it get too thick when it's still cooking or it won't be absorbed by
the phillo dough. Place syrup in the refridgerator.
2. For the walnut mix - mix walnuts, mazaher and honey. Mix honey in
so that the walnuts stick together but are not dripping.
3. Using a pastry brush, put a coat of butter on cookie sheet. Carefully
place 1 sheet of phillo on top of butter. Brush sheet with butter then
put another sheet on top of that one. Continue until you've used 1/3 of
4. Spread the walnut mixture on the phillo, leaving a tiny bit of space
at the edges. Cover with the rest of the phillo, spreading butter between
5. Make sure the top of the baklava has butter spread all over it. Then.
cut the baklava in squares.
6. Place in oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes - but watch it
7. When the Baklava is done cooking pour the syrup on top - a little
at a time using a spoon or ladle.
The thing to remember about the syrup is hot baklava/cold syrup or cold
baklava/hot syrup. You want the maximum amount of syrup to be absorbed.
Hallab1881.com's Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is:
Nouhad Said Hallab
Phone: (961) 3 229-292